Effective July 15, 2020
Tellworks Communications (“Tellworks”, “we”, or “us”) recognizes the importance of privacy. We want you to feel confident using our services, and this privacy notice (“Privacy Notice” or “Notice”) is to help you understand and describe how we collect, use, and disclose your information.
This Notice describes the following:
- What information we collect and how it is collected;
- How we use the information;
- With whom we may share information;
- Legal basis for processing the information;
- Your rights and choices;
- Security and storage of the information;
- Third-party websites;
- Users outside the United States;
- CCPA Compliance;
- Changes to the Notice; and
- Contacting Tellworks.
Throughout this document, we will use a few terms to describe various products. All of the text, data, information, software, graphics, photographs and more that we and our affiliates may make available to you, plus our websites and any services, plug-ins, software, or applications (including Tellworks GC App) that we may provide all together constitute the Tellworks “Website and Applications.” Tellworks “Users” are the people who have created a Tellworks or Tellworks GC account. A Tellworks “Viewer” is a person who visits the Tellworks Website or Application but may or may not be a Tellworks User.
Information We Collect
We collect information about you directly from you and automatically through your use of our Website and apps. We may combine information automatically collected with other information that we have collected about you including from publicly available sources.
In order to help you protect yourself and your information, we encourage you to provide only that information that is necessary for using our Website and apps.
Tellworks is not directed to children under sixteen (16) years of age and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 16. If we discover that a child under 16 has provided us with Personal Information, we will promptly delete such Personal Information from our systems.
Information You Provide Voluntarily
Tellworks collects the following information, either directly from Tellworks Users or Viewers, or through third-parties.
Information Collected Automatically
• Log & Device data. When you use Tellworks, our servers automatically record information (“log data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Website. This log data may include the web address you came from or are going to, your device model, operating system, browser type, unique device identifier, IP address, mobile network carrier, and time zone or location. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
• Other Web Site Analytics Services. Subject to your opt-out preferences (see ‘Your Rights and Choices’ below), we use third-party Service Providers to provide certain analytics and Viewer interactions services to Tellworks in connection with our operation of our Website, including the collection and tracking of certain data and information regarding the characteristics and activities of visitors to Tellworks. You may opt-out of relevant cookies using opt-out features on their respective websites.
How We Use Your Information
We may use information that we collect about you, including Personal Data, to:
• Provide the Tellworks Service. We will use your information to provide our Website and apps to you; including facilitating scheduling; managing your account; responding to your inquiries; and for other customer service and support purposes.
• Understand and improve our products. We will perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others. We do this to help make our products better and to develop new products.
• Communicate with you.
• Service related communications. We may send you service and administrative emails to ensure the service is working properly.
• Promotional. Subject to your opt-out preference, we may send you emails about new product features or other news about Tellworks or on topics we think would be relevant to you. You may opt out of receiving these communications at any time. Visit the ‘Your Rights and Choices’ section below.
• Responding to your requests. We will also use your information to respond to your questions or comments.
• Administrative. We may contact you to inform you about changes in your services, our service offering and other important service-related notices, such as changes to the Notice or about security or fraud notices.
• Legal Compliance. We may use your information to comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including complying with requests from law enforcement or other governmental authorities, or in legal proceedings involving Tellworks.
• Other. We also may use your information to manage our business or perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection subject to your consent.
With Whom We May Share Your Information
We do not sell your information to any third parties or disclose it in exchange for money or other valuable consideration. We do not share your Personal Data with others except as indicated within this Notice, or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt-out of having your Personal Data shared.
We may share information we collect about you, including Personal Data, in the following ways:
• With third-party Service Providers, agents, contractors, or government entities.
We use other companies, agents or contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with providing services to you:
We may engage Service Providers to provide services such as monitoring and developing Tellworks services; aiding in communications, infrastructure, IT services; customer service; and analyzing and enhancing data. These Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information in order to provide these functions. In addition, some of the above-listed types of information that we request may be collected by third-party Service Providers on our behalf.
We may share information with Service Providers and government entities for legal, security, and safety purposes. This includes sharing information in order to enforce policies or contracts, address security breaches, and assist in the investigation of fraud, security issues, or other concerns.
We require Service Providers to agree to take reasonable steps to keep the Personal Data that we provide to them secure. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your Personal Data except in connection with providing their services.
We may disclose information to current or future affiliates or subsidiaries for research, marketing, and other purposes consistent with this Privacy Notice.
Your Rights and Choices
• Account. In order to keep your Personal Data accurate and complete, you can log in to review and update your account information, including contact and billing information, via your account settings page. You may also contact us to request information about the personal data we have collected from you and to request the correction, modification or deletion of such Personal Data. We will do our best to honor your requests subject to any legal and contractual obligations. If you would like to make a request, cancel your account or request we delete or no longer use your account information to provide you our Website, contact us at support@Tellworks.com or the address set forth at the end of this Notice. Subject to applicable law, we will retain and use your account information only as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
• E-mail. As described above, if you do not wish to receive promotional emails from us, you may opt out at any time by following the opt-out link contained in the email itself. Please note that it may take up to ten (10) days to process your request. Please also note that if you opt out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may continue to send to you service-related emails which are not available for opt-out. If you do not wish to receive any service-related emails from us, you have the option to delete your account.
• Cookies. You may also refrain from providing or may withdraw your consent for Cookies via your browser settings and via limited opt-out functions within Tellworks. Your browser’s help function should contain instructions on how to set your computer to accept all Cookies, to notify you when a Cookie is issued, or to not receive Cookies at any time. Please keep in mind that Cookies are required to authenticate Tellworks Users as well as perform some actions within Tellworks, so in order to use the Website and Apps, Cookies are often required.
• Third Party Analytics Services. Some of the services used provide the ability to opt-out.
• Additional Rights. Subject to local law, you may have additional rights under the laws of your jurisdiction regarding your personal data, such as the right to complain to your local data protection authority.
Security and Storage of Information
We have taken reasonable steps to help protect the personal information we collect.
Tellworks takes the security of your personal data very seriously. We work hard to protect the personal data that you provide from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, or disclosure. Given the nature of communications and information processing technology, there is no guarantee that personal data will be absolutely safe from access, alteration, or destruction by a breach of any of our physical, technical, and managerial safeguards.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your device and account by, among other things, choosing a unique and complex password that nobody else knows or can easily guess and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
We retain the personal data we collect for so long as is reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the data was collected, to perform our contractual and legal obligations, and for any applicable statute of limitations periods for the purposes of bringing and defending claims.
Our Website and Apps may contain links to third-party websites and applications. Subject to your opt-out preferences (see Your Rights and Choices), we may also use third-party advertisers, ad networks, and other advertising, marketing, and promotional companies, to serve advertisements on our Website. Any access to and use of such linked websites and applications is not governed by this Notice but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third parties. We do not endorse these parties, their content, or any products and services they offer, and we do not endorse these parties, their content, or any products and services they offer, and we are not responsible for the information practices of such third-party websites or applications.
Users Outside the USA
Our application and database servers are located with Amazon Cloud Services in the United States. Amazon Cloud Services has certified with the Department of Commerce that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield framework.
If you are an individual located in the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom, Canada or another jurisdiction outside of the United States with laws and regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure that differ from United States laws, please be aware that information we collect (including through the use of methods such as Cookies and other web technologies) will be processed and stored in the United States or in other countries where we or our third-party Service Providers have operations. By submitting your personal data to Tellworks and using Tellworks, you expressly consent to have your personal data transferred to, processed, and stored in the United States or another jurisdiction which may not offer the same level of privacy protection as those in the country where you reside or are a citizen.
In connection with the operation of its Website, Tellworks may transfer your personal data to various locations, which may include locations both inside and outside of the European Economic Area.
Do Not Track
We do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals as there is no consistent industry standard for compliance.
Changes to this Notice
This Notice is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. This Notice may change if there is a material change to the way information is handled at Tellworks, or to clarify our Notice or adjust clerical errors. If any changes are made, Tellworks will post them on this page, so please be sure to check back periodically. If you continue to use Tellworks after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised Notice.
If you have any questions or comments about this Notice, or questions or comments outside this notice, please contact us at support@Tellworks.com.